PLACENTAL ENCAPSULATION $200
Placental encapsulation has been shown to reduce the incidence of postpartum depression, replenish iron stores, increase energy, and even help with menstrual or menopausal symptoms. Our placenta encapsulation process includes slicing the placenta into small pieces, dehydrating, grinding, and then encapsulating with an encapsulator - the average placenta makes between 150-200 capsules. These capsules are typically taken daily for the first 2-4 weeks, depending on the number of capsules and the effectiveness felt by the client. Some clients choose to keep 20-50 capsules in the freezer to access when they begin cycling again or even to help with the discomforts that can arrise during menopause.
If we are encapsulating your placenta for you we will make arrangements with you in the prenatal period to collect your placenta from wherever you are birthing. We usually pick the placenta up within a few hours after the birth. We will have your placenta capsules ready for you within 3-5 days.
While hard evidence of nutritional breakdown isn't yet widely available, there continues to be research being done on placentaphagia (fancy work for consuming ones placenta!) and as studies emerge it appears that what many of us have intuitively believed about this specialized organ is true - it is full of supportive, restorative nutrients and hormones. Click on the links to be directed to a couple current research papers: hormones found in the placenta, effects of placentophagy
Nutrients and Hormones commonly believed to be available in placenta capsules include -
● Iron – Essential for oxygen absorption in the cells
● Vitamins B6 – Aids in the making of antibodies
● Vitamin E – Heals damaged skin cells
● Oxytocin – The love hormone. Creates feelings of bonding, pain relief, happiness and elation. Essential for facilitating birth and breastfeeding
● Corticotropinreleasing hormone (CRH) – helps reduce stress levels
● Cytokins – Assists in the healing and replacing of damaged cells and tissue
● Cortisone – Unlocks energy stored in the body and combats stress. (cortisol)
● Interferon – Stimulates the immune system to fight off infections while the mother is healing from birth.
● Prostaglandins – Anti-inflammatory.
● Hemoglobin – Oxygen carrying, iron rich portion of the red blood cell
● Urokinase – Lessens bleeding and promotes faster healing.
● Prolactin – Stimulates healthy mammary function and milk production.